Saturday, October 4, 2014

Day 2

I did much better keeping myself away from Google today - I only searched whether it was estrogen or progesterone that made one extra sensitive to smells, as I could smell Cory opening his bottle of bourbon in the other room earlier, and I could smell cat breath when Dexter yawned a few minutes ago. Somewhere in that search I read that it takes 9 days until you can trust that symptoms are a part of pregnancy, not a part of the drugs, and while I'm not sure if that's totally true it was a good reminder not to be that concerned yet.

I took it really really easy today - almost like yesterday's prescribed bed rest but upright a little more (they told me not to go more than 45 degrees yesterday so I stayed pretty flat, today I'm more reclining than lying) and moving around a teensy bit more as well. We were supposed to visit for Friday night dinner with Cory's aunt and uncle who are in town, but we rescheduled for breakfast tomorrow morning and I should be fine doing that - but after that will likely be more rest. I might as well, it's the weekend.

I had a conversation with a friend this afternoon about how my Uncertainty Insanity is looking for "omens" in things. I told her that I checked the forecast today and it's sunny all week until Friday, when it starts raining for a couple of days. Rain = tears = I'll find out Friday I'm not pregnant. She said "It's Oregon, it always rains and you love the rain. So clearly it'll be good news." She knows just how to talk to my crazy. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment