Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Beta #3

I woke up this morning relatively content, but then everything kinda crashed and burned. I got to the lab and the lady that took my blood on Monday (who didn't say more than two words to me at that point, and who bruised my arm) was at the front desk. She said they didn't have a copy of the order (even though ORM said they'd faxed it last Friday and again on Monday), so I had to go in to work, wait for ORM to open, call and ask for another order to be faxed and also asked for an emailed copy so I could send it in. I'm glad that I did, because when I got back to the lab (and waited for several minutes for the front desk lady to finish chatting with her friend), she said she still hadn't gotten a fax. I told her they were going to call her and verify the fax number and she said "well, they didn't call me!" all indignantly.

Ugh. So after that morning, my anxiety got the better of me and I had a rough day. Actually, now that I've had time to process it more I think a lot of it was influenced by all the hormones having a dance party in my body. Lunch was especially hard because I didn't have to keep it together for work.

Compounding my impatience to hear the news was the fact that I needed to get up to Portland to the pharmacy and pick up the rest of my order - I had only one sharp left for the progesterone - but I needed to know if I was still pregnant so that I didn't have to drop another $400 if I wasn't. So I called ORM at 3:20 and asked if I could hear the news. No dice - the nurse that could tell me the news was talking to another patient, but the nurse I talked to said she would call me back as soon as she was done. So I went home, because I didn't want to be at work if it was bad news, and I wanted a head start on the pharmacy.

The nurse didn't call until 4:30 this time. And the news: my beta has more than doubled, to 161.8! The nurse sounded happy, and there were no "stay cautiously optimistic" and "it's appropriate but we're not bouncing off the walls" comments. Whee!

We have an ultrasound scheduled for October 27th, at 6.5 weeks. And hopefully for at least most of the time between, I hope I'm as content and relieved as I am right now.

9 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you got positive news after all that hassle!!! How exciting! I can't wait to see how your first ultrasound goes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited too! I can't wait to see if both of the embryos made it!

      Delete
  2. That's awesome! I'm so very happy for you. Please hold onto those content feelings. It is such a great feeling to relish in being PREGNANT! The 27th will be here before you know it. Yay!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a wonderful feeling, after so long. It still doesn't really feel real yet but I need to enjoy this pre-puking time as much as I can. :D

      Delete
  3. Me the lurker...I've been checking in every day to see how it was going. I'm so glad for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew it! I knew you were going to get a high number, I just felt it!
    I'm so pleased for you, congratulations over and over again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I'm gunning for a natural conception this winter for you!!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations! That's great news.

    ReplyDelete