Friday, August 19, 2011

I'm dead inside!

Went to the doc this morning for my suppression check. The nurse took blood for an estradiol test and then the doctor did a quick transvaginal ultrasound to look at my ovaries and uterine lining. He also measured three or four fibroids but said that they didn't look like they'd be in the way of anything. He took snapshots of my ovaries, apparently, though I didn't see a thing on the screen, and then they sent me on my way. I met C out in the waiting room, who had been in the other room giving a backup sample to be frozen, just in case the one he'll be giving on retrieval day doesn't cut it.

The nurse called at about 4 to tell me my estradiol was at 28.2 and my ovaries looked good, so we can start the Follistim and Menopur tomorrow! I go back up on Tuesday for a quick hormone check.

Last night we used the last syringe that was in the Lupron kit, so tonight we had to use a different style. Not sure why, but it hurt a lot more than the kit needles. Guess I'd better get used to it; I hear the stims are pretty sting-y.

No comments:

Post a Comment