Tuesday, May 26, 2015


I have to grunt and groan every time I stand up or sit down, now. Fun times. It's so strange to feel so tired and stiff and sore, and not have done much of anything - you'd think that I'd remember from the first trimester but this tiredness is different - in the first trimester I was still a normal size and could sleep on my back.

I've been sleeping pretty good for the most part, though last night I was up quite often because my hips hurt. I also kept having dreams that I was showing up for doctor appointments at the wrong clinic (like the fertility clinic instead of the OB's office) and then not being able to make it to the right clinic in time for my appointment. I took naps during 2/3 of the three-day weekend, wherein I slept like the dead and didn't move. But did drool and snore. Pregnancy is sexy.

I also feel like I'm getting period cramps. But they don't feel like I can tell when they come and go, I just kind of notice them and then don't notice them. Could be Braxton-Hicks but I'm not sure - they're pretty dull and not very strong, and low-down towards my pelvic bone. Could also just be general discomfort, that's how weak they are. (Actually, I just read somewhere that it could be that I'm not drinking enough water. I know I haven't been drinking enough water, so I'm going to try to step it up a little and see if they go away, or if they're actual B-Hs.)

Today's monitoring appointment went pretty well. I was 140/86 when the nurse first measured, so she came back later and I was 124/74, which was much better. That's still higher than my at-home average of 111/70 though. I sat in a different room than usual, and I don't know if it was the fact that my appointment was at a different time than usual or that I was hooked up to a different machine, but today's graph was really different than usual. Part of it was that Ivy was having a dance party. But I noticed that sometimes she would move but her heart rate wouldn't go up to match it. I asked the midwife and she said that it looked great, though, so I'm not that worried about it.

They also did a Group B Strep swab, measured my fundal height (36), did a quick ultrasound to look at my amniotic fluid (looked great), and gave me a TDAP shot. (I've since been randomly waving my arm around, hoping that using it will help it not be so sore next time I attempt to wash my hair.)

Tomorrow is our 36-week ultrasound. Hopefully this will be the last one, and hopefully we'll get one more good look at her face (though I'm not counting on it since she's getting so cramped in there.)

No comments:

Post a Comment