Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Last Ultrasound

Today was what I hope is our last monthly ultrasound. (It'd be odd to have one at 40 weeks so I'm assuming we're done.) We had our favorite sonographer, who recognized us too. ("I'm going to look at your fibroids this time; last time they didn't ask me to and I don't know why!" he said as he led us to his room.)

Everything looked good, which we expected. He said she's about 6 pounds 5 ounces right now, and smack in the middle of all the growth charts as usual. She was super active - she had the hiccups when he started, and she was grinding her head all over my bladder and moving her legs and opening her mouth and playing with her hands.





We didn't get great pictures of her this time, which I also expected, since she's getting so big. In the 2D photo she's sucking on her fist (which was really cute to see live), and the 3D was especially difficult because (as you can see in the first photo) her face was right up against the placenta. He even had me move around to try to get her away from it, but wasn't able to. At first glance of the 3D photo it looks like you can see right up a giant nostril, but I think that's either a shadow or her nose was smooshed against the placenta. It's hard to imagine what she's going to look like even with these 3D photos; last time I thought she looked more like me than Cory and now I don't see a resemblance to anyone (though if I'm looking at it right, she has my bottom lip). But you can very easily tell where all her features are this time, and her eyes are open! I can't wait to see what she REALLY looks like.

2 comments:

  1. She's so cute!!! I can't wait to see her once she's out either. Not long to go now.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, my What to Expect app is starting to freak me out - the countdown is getting so small!

      Delete