Monday, April 27, 2015

Ultrasound Again

We had our 32 week ultrasound today. I feel like we don't need any more ultrasounds, but that's just me and I know nothing. (The OB wants monthly ultrasounds.)

We went at a different time than usual, and our normal guy wasn't there. Instead we had a student, and her supervisor spent a little time in there but wasn't there the whole time. One thing I liked about the student was that she told us everything she was doing (though I could tell what she was doing just by the picture), but I didn't like that she couldn't get great shots like the other guy. But like I said, ultrasounds are now more of a formality. I never thought I'd ever say that!





We got a half-dozen profile shots. Ivy's foot was up by her head again, the weirdo. And once it was time for the 3D, she was totally uncooperative and had her hand in front of her face the whole time, so we didn't get any good 3D shots. Oh well.

Tonight was our second childbirth class. We started getting more into details about the labor itself. I asked afterwards if the instructor had a list of all of the things that the hospital provides, and she basically told me that if I didn't want to take anything to the hospital at all, I'd still be set. I think she'll give us a list in a couple of weeks, which will help in my hospital-bag-packing endeavor. And, like last week, at least once during the class I sat back and thought "I'm at a childbirth class. I can't believe I'm at a childbirth class!" I feel so incredibly lucky to be able to experience this - I will never forget where I was less than a year ago. A part of me will always be there, and I'll forever be sitting back periodically and saying "I can't believe this is happening."

Phew, it's past my bedtime. Off I go.

2 comments:

  1. I love these pictures!
    Not long to go now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's nice to be able to see her, even if it's in this weird way. :) And I'm starting to get nervous! I don't feel like I'm ready yet!

      Delete