Thursday, January 29, 2015

A Kick?!

Last night as I was winding down for bed, I started getting really nervous about the ultrasound on Friday. I knew it was because I was tired, so I was able to redirect the pressing need to Google "why haven't I felt the baby yet" towards chatting with a friend who has two little ones. Logically I know I have almost three weeks before I should be worried, but whenever my brain was sorta idle last night I thought "what could it mean if you never feel it? Is it dead, or does it have a terrible birth defect that keeps it from moving?"

I'm mostly over it today, after a decent night's sleep. (I'm still finding it hard to get comfortable enough to fall asleep and I wake up several times a night to turn over or pee or for no particular reason.) And then as I was putting my coat away after arriving at work, I felt a quick little... something. It was low down, on the left side. It could have been a gas bubble but it was too far over to the side, past where I'd normally feel them. It kinda felt like someone took their index finger and poked me really gently for just a second. Well, not REALLY gently, it didn't hurt but it was substantial enough for me to think maybe it was the baby.

One more day!

No comments:

Post a Comment