Saturday, September 6, 2014

September Dots

* I can't believe it's September already.
* Last night was my final night for the birth control pill, with three left in the pack. Phew, I was worried I was going to have to buy another pack just for one or two pills.
* I'm still avoiding dairy as I take the doxycycline. It's hard to avoid dairy. As a result, I'm not avoiding all dairy - I've had some small amounts of butter and milk in baked things but I try to make sure it's not in that window of 2 hours before to 2 hours after I take the pill.
* My friend went up to Seattle to get fitted for her radiation apparatus. I saw her on Thursday (and brought her a hat to wear on her soon-to-be-bald head) and she was doing pretty well, though that's not always the case.
* Last night there was a 100-acre brush fire on Timberhill in north Corvallis. We were in town until right after the firefighters were called in and we didn't notice it even though we were right there. When we got home we heard about it so we ventured back out to see it. We ended up meeting a coworker across from the tennis club and watching the flames. It was pretty scary - I think there might have been one condo that was damaged this morning but it sounds like they may have saved almost all of the houses up there. Cory got some good photos - if you're friends with me on Facebook you'll see 'em.
* Tomorrow is my singing group's long rehearsal for the Shrewsbury Faire which is next weekend. One of our members wrote a play and we've been working to memorize it in a very short time. I'm really worried about it because I feel like I'm not in the right head space to memorize - and as Queen Elizabeth I have the most lines of anyone. So I'll spend some time working on that today.
* It's supposed to be in the upper 90s today and all I want to do is go to the beach. But Cory is working and I have to memorize stuff. Bah.
* I didn't take a shower after being in the smoke last night. I can smell the smoke in my hair. I think it's time to go take care of that.

1 comment: