* I was sure I was going to be put on bed rest, if not ordered to L&D, on Thursday when I went in for monitoring. My morning blood pressure has been creeping up, and while it's still in the safe zone I was pretty sure the appointment BP test would be ridiculously high. But it was lower than the last appointment, and they weren't worried, so off to work I went. (Well, they were a little worried; the doctor was frustrated with me for not drinking enough liquids, and my weight kinda jumped, so she's keeping an eye on that for the future.)
* The weather has decided to be a jerk. It was 85 on Friday and 90 on Saturday and today with a low of only 60. That makes it hard for my house to cool off, and it makes me grumpy. I'm not sure what's worse, being pregnant in the hot or having a sweaty furnace infant attached to you in the hot. And yet, my weirdo cat thinks it's cuddle time.
* Yesterday we had a great time visiting our friends who are due in THREE DAYS. We spent most of the evening out in their shady backyard, taking photos and having dinner. I stood for photos for quite awhile in the 90-degree mugginess, and by the end of the night I enjoyed my first episode of edema. Which hasn't really stopped 'cause today is just as bad. I'm off my feet most of the day today and drinking a lot, hoping it will go away. Which I doubt it will until the weather cools off a little. Or I'm not pregnant anymore. We shall see.
* Speaking of drinking a lot, why is it that I can drink a ton of water in the morning and taper off in the evening to try to avoid getting up in the middle of the night, but I barely pee during the day and I'm up 5-6 times a night to pee? Rude.
* Ivy was quite busy this afternoon as I sat knitting in my clashing-stripes pajamas. After several minutes I realized I probably ought to film her, so I caught about a minute before she stopped.