Monday, April 28, 2014

ICLW, NIAW, CNF2014, &c.

Phew, what a week! International Comment Leaving Week and National Infertility Awareness Week both came at a rather inopportune time, and in my rush to sign up for ICLW I neglected to use my brain. ILCW (and NIAW) both came during my work's annual conference, the biggest event of the year for us. So on Easter morning Cory and I boarded a plane to Nashville and we spent the entire week working 12-14 hour days, setting up the event and working it and putting out fires and tearing it down at the end. We'd fall into bed late and get up early, with almost no time for anything. We had over 3000 attendees, it was nuts. But a good kind of nuts. I love Conference.



Then yesterday, since we were there and we didn't know when we'd ever get back, we spent the day sightseeing. We made it out to The Hermitage, and also wandered around downtown Nashville. But we were pretty tired from the week, so we came back by dinnertime. It ended up being a good thing,too, 'cause thunderstorms started and now there are flash flood warnings and there was a huge tornado in Arkansas that's supposed to move into central Tennessee today. So I'm glad we made it out this morning with no problems.



Anyway, we are home and the dog has been picked up from the kennel and the laundry is being washed and I'm looking forward to sleeping in my own bed with my own pillow. But first, I'm going to comment on all my fellow ILCWers and post an NIAW post, to catch up. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment